Meditating was funny yesterday. I decided that I'd been totally dissatisfied with my one cup of coffee the previous days, either I had had it on the go, or it was warmed up day old coffee, but yesterday I made a point to wait until I had time to sit and really enjoy my freshly brewed cup o'joe. So yummy, but after the first few sips, with Fred sleeping and the warm coffee making it's way through my body and the house being so quiet, I had an impromptu meditation. I sat right in my wooden chair with my hand resting on the handle of the coffee cup and was instantly taken away, to this calm quiet place. I didn't move a muscle for the longest time, and then all of the sudden I startled 'awake'. My eyes popped open, I looked at the clock and 20 minutes had passed, just like that. It seemed like I fell asleep, but I couldn't have. I think I was just blissed out to be sitting down in a quiet place with my hand touching coffee. Anyway, I felt refreshed and ready to continue with my day afterward. It was pretty cool.
Today, when I went to the gym, I was sore. I started running and felt like an old lady, barely moving my legs, shuffling along on the treadmill. It took about 10 minutes for me to loosen up and get into the groove. It was a struggle this morning. I was glad when it was over. There was one neat moment though, when I was doing my weights, I looked over at the treadmills and running on them were, our new state representative who seems like a pretty cool chick, a really nice professor from COA and then my own local hero, the Dr. who delivered Fred. Whenever I see her I get a little starstruck. Even though she really only caught the final act in the delivery, she's just soooo... I don't know... it's as though she helped me create and grow Fred or something, like I couldn't have done it without her. She's a super person.
So, the rest of the day was also a struggle, got the veggies and fruits, exercise, meditation, no bev's and one cup of coffee. I haven't eaten any red meat, but I'm already starting to question this one as well. I've been eating a lot of chicken and turkey and I freakin sick of it! I'm thinking again, that moderation is the answer. I don't usually eat a lot of red meat, and given my druthers, I'd prefer to eat some local beef over some weird foreign chicken engineered to grow big breasts for us to eat. That gives me the creeps. But no red meat as of yet. No pictures of the 2 days work either, so here's a super cute shot of the little man-
ooooh, soooooo sweet!
1 comment:
ooohh... I like the spontaneous mediation story, sounds blissy.
You are kicking my ass on the exercise. I am getting to the gym for a half hour of treadmill (most days) and doing some pretty non-intense yoga, but I still feel like I have to kick it up a notch.
xox
k
Post a Comment