Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Marsha Marsha Marsha!
Well, I must say, I am thoroughly tired of the television, yet I am having trouble tearing myself from it. I try to read when I'm nursing, but this seems to make Fred fussy. I've tried books on disc, but I can't seem to concentrate long enough to follow the story line. After about the third feeding of the day, I cave in and grab the remote, just in time for old Cosby Show reruns. I've seen the entire series about a bajillion times now, yet I still enjoy Bill's antics and the manner in which he deals with his family. It probably has more to do with my own reminiscence of childhood than anything. This was one of the few shows that my whole family would gather around to watch, and we all laughed together. There's no doubt families still do this with certain shows, but I have yet to see a current show with the purity that the Cosby family had. They weren't geeks, or goody goodies, those kids sure got themselves in trouble, but the parents always handled it with ease and class. They always knew what to do. I suppose this set up an unrealistic model of a family, but even so, it brought my family together which was a rare occasion. I love those old 80's shows! Who knows what strange reality show will bring our family together, or maybe reality shows will be a thing of the past by the time Fred is a youngster, and there'll be some new style of tv viewing for couch potatoes like us. I guess there are family shows on now; According to Jim, Life is Wild, Aliens in America, but honestly, those seem sucky. Maybe it's just because I'm not 12, nor am I watching them with my 12 year old. I want family oriented sit-coms back, but I'm afraid I need to just cherish those memories and be open to the next best thing... Fred will probably never hear Theo singing "Jammin on the one" or see Alex P. all hopped up on diet pills to aid his studying, or hear Marsha Brady yelling, "Oh my nose!", but I'm sure in his future there's some quality family bonding memories to be had sitting in front of the boob tube. I sure hope so-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment