
When I looked at the last entry, I couldn't believe 2 months had passed. Too much has happened to note; teeth, rolling, almost crawling, sleeping in his own bed, parties, weddings, dining out...it's all new. I hadn't yet had anything really strike me about Fred getting bigger, older, growing up, until yesterday. I looked at this collection of pictures and blabber I've been posting and saw the picture of him at 3 months. He looked so little with that soft downy hair, and then I looked over at him standing up in his jolly jumper, with these long, very strong legs and I got that lump in the back of my throat that makes it so hard to breathe. How quickly their lives change, these little ones. Fred knows so much more than he did 2 months ago, and so do I. Veteran mom, Cassie, was recently talking about those moments when you realize your kiddo has just moved into another phase of their life, when they've clearly learned something that we know is going to make their life easier. Whether it is having a more grown up conversation with you're little one, watching them get dressed alone, or for me, it was seeing Fred play by himself in his crib with his stuffed animals; they are all wonderfully heart wrenching milestones.

Celia and Fred are fast friends now that food is part of the picture.
The car seat is no longer the nightmare it once had been.

Fred's just chillin' on the couch in his new orange party pants.
And these days he's able to stay awake for the whole party...
Sometimes, he gets together with old friends, just to reconnect.
No comments:
Post a Comment