Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Boss Man Fred


I think we've turned a corner...touch wood...but the constant crying seems to have fnally ceased. Fred looks to be enjoying the world around him a little more, and he smiles at me every morning to start the day off right. He even makes this sweet little oooh sound that I've decided is a laugh. An interesting conversation took place last night among me and some moms with little ones of different ages. We were discussing the different stages of childhood and I was being informed of the teething stage, the constant wiggling stage, the crawling/walking stage, etc...up through mid-childhood. Then we joked about the awkward adolesent stage and then the teenage years, how all of these stages have difficult aspects to them. I realized if we spend our time wishing each stage away hoping the next will be better, that's when you find yourself 20 years down the road wishing for it all back with regret of not having enjoyed your childs life as much as you should have. I just need to relax and go with the flow a little better. I cannot be the boss of how my life will unfold any longer I guess - and I think that should be part of the joy of parenting, the suprises. As a control freak, this will indeed be challenging, but a big part of my desire to have a baby was to grow as a person and discover a new way to look at life. This little guy is going to force me to learn patience, understanding, and that sometimes there just isn't an answer to a problem but to still do the best I can. I am reminded every day now that there is a new sheriff in town, and his name...is Fred.

No comments: